}

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Mermaid Nails Tutorial!

So once again, the horrible weather has resorted to me creating a piece of summer on my nails, this time it's mermaid nails!





 I achieved this look using mainly Barry M's Aquarium Collection in Mermaid (left) and Pacific (right). The base is one of my favourite polishes in my collection, Rimmel Salon PRO in Peppermint. 

Carry on reading if you want to see how you can create this look too!




So following applying a base coat of your choice, the first step is to apply two coats of Rimmel Salon PRO in Peppermint to all of your nails.






After allowing that to dry, you're going to want to apply one or two coats (depending on how much glitter you prefer) of Barry M's Aquarium Collection in Mermaid to your ring finger on both hands.






Then the next step is where it gets a little more tricky! To create the mermaid scale effect on the rest of the nails, I used my Konad nail stamping kit, specifically Plate M57








To stamp the design onto the nail, first apply Barry M's Aquarium Collection in Pacific, to the plate, across the criss cross plate pattern. Then scrape excess polish off using the Konad Scraper, pick the image up with the Konad Stamper and carefully roll/stamp it onto the nail! This is a very brief description of the process, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube which explain and show you a lot better than me! This video by PlasmaSpeedo is one of the best!

And there you go, finish with a top coat and you'll have perfect summer mermaid nails!






6 comments:

  1. pretty nails! love the nailart that you created.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are amazing! How long did they last before chipping? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I've only just seen this! I think it was around a week before they chipped badly enough to remove them :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, this looks great! I looove the base color~

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik