}

Friday 13 June 2014

Ciaté Mini Starry Night Polish and Caviar Duo

So following nipping into a supermarket to pick up a couple of bits and bobs, I couldn't help gravitating towards the magazine stand and could not resist picking up the latest issue of Marie Claire magazine for the free Ciaté polish and nail caviar! It was a tough decision between the two they had stocked; Starry Night or Sunset Shimmer but I settled on Starry Night and hurried to the till before I could change my mind!

So the set consists of two bottles, one is the Ciaté Mini Polish in Ferris Wheel and the other is the Ciaté Mini Nail Caviar in Frost Yourself...



Initial thoughts were that Ferris Wheel was a little thin... 


As you can see, at one coat the polish was still pretty transparent but I suppose that can be forgiven seeing as it is such a light colour. I think after using Barry M for most of my nail designs I'm used to a thicker, more opaque polish!


But I stuck with it and I'm glad I did! As you can see, after two coats the colour began to show a little more! The lazy person inside me kind of wishes it was more opaque because it wasn't until three coats that it began to look a little like this...


I have to say that those three painstaking coats (okay I'm being a little melodramatic now) were definitely worth it because the colour result is just gorgeous! Especially for summer!

Next challenge was how to apply the nail caviar! I've never had anything like this for my nails before, but I know people who have and they got a funnel with the bottle. I'm not sure if the normal Ciaté set comes with a funnel but it seemed an impossible task to poor the tiny pearls directly from the bottle and onto my nails. 

After much thought, I decided the best plan of action would be to poor some tiny peals onto a piece of paper and push my wet nail down gently into them. Although I didn't get full nail coverage I'm pretty pleased with the results! 





I left them to dry/stick to my nail and after seeing a couple of the beads/peals had fallen off, I decided to apply some of my Color Club Top Coat, making sure to dab it on in blobs rather than in strokes to make sure I didn't know any more off! A couple of hours later they're still intact so I think I can safely say mission accomplished!


What do you think of the Ciaté Mini Sets? If I were to cheekily invest in another, what colour would YOU recommend?

4 comments:

  1. Great step by step review - looks good as an accent nail. I assume the sunset one is a orangey colour? If so I would get that next. In fact I may get it myself as I'm totally loving orange at the moment xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah if I remember correctly it was like a reddy coral colour so perfect for summer! Think I might have to get it as it was very similar to a Revlon polish I used to love xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the pastel blue colour! Pastel nail polishes are my fave x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik