}

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Tiger Nails!

So I've been racking my brains to try and decide what to write my first real post about and so I thought I would share with you my nails at them moment and my reasons behind them.

So here are my tiger nails...

 
They're a little messy but I did them quickly in the dark! Most of the time I use my Konad nail stamping kit for my nails, hence my name Patterned and Polished! Nail stamping involves using an engraved metal plate, over which you paint on a layer of polish, you then scrape this off using the scraper (or an old credit card will do) to reveal the pattern. You then pick that up with a special stamper and apply to this nail! Next thing you know you have perfectly printed nails without spending time and the stress of painting them all individually! (If you're interested in nail stamping, take a look at my Instagram account, which I've linked at the top of my page, and you can see all my designs from over the past 6 months!)
 
Now to the reason behind my nails! Behind the girly, nail polish loving me, I LOVE football. In particular, I love my local team, Hull City AFC. I've supported them for as long as I can remember, got my first ever shirt when I was 3 and went to my first game at 5! I'm now almost 21 and a season ticket holder. If you don't know, Hull City are also known as the Tigers, hence the nails!
 
Anyway, I've come to regard my tiger nails as a bit of a lucky charm, so I always put the design on my nails whenever there's a big game; it worked last Saturday, we won!
 
I hope you've enjoyed my first real post and be sure to pop back for more if you did!
 
Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik