}

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Primark and H&M Haul - June 2014

Yesterday saw a shopping trip into Hull for my friend Yasmin's birthday! It was a longggg shopping day which actually ended in a Primark sandwich. What I mean by this is we dashed straight into Primark and bought a few things, went round tonsss more shops in which I was quite disappointed and couldn't find very much I liked, and ended up back in Primark and bought a couple more things! Basically I'm really loving Primark at the moment! So, what did I get...?

Right so first I'll go through the first part of the 'Primark Sandwich.' The first thing I found was these pair of light summer jeans. I've lost a bit of weight recently and my old pair of light jeans are a tad on the baggy side, so at only £10 these were the perfect replacement!


The next thing to find it's way into my basket was this simple patterned cami. I must admit I've been pretty late to purchase a cami but after recently getting my first one I couldn't resist this black and white one; a steal at just £4!








I really love the cute little pattern and I definitely think the cami looks more expensive than it was!








Next up was a trip to the shoe section. After seeing so many sandals on blogs and vlogs I was so excited to have a look around and I wasn't disappointed! I have flat feet so shoe shopping can be quite difficult for me, but after trying on 3 or 4 pairs, I settled for these nude, strappy sandals! Once again, at only £4 they were a bargain! Especially after seeing VERY similar styles in Accessorize for a whopping £35




So next up came the 'Sandwich filling' and although I found a couple of good buys, I have to say the likes of New Look, Topshop and Zara were quite disappointing for me. There were some nice pieces but for what I was looking for (summer tops and a maxi skirt) I struggled to find anything which tempted me into parting with my cash.

But something I was particularly happy with was the selection of belts in H&M. Having not been shopping instore for a while, I'd been disappointed with the lack of trouser belts online with the majority of belts being waist belts. But hats off to H&M as they had a nice selection of trouser belts! I picked up the brown belt for £6.99 and the blue belt for just £1.99! I especially love the brown belt which looks especially good quality!



Next is a more random purchase! For the last few months I've been consciously trying to be more healthy and lose a bit of weight. As part of this change I've been drinking green tea with my breakfast everyday and I've been wanting a clear glass mug instead of a normal tea mug to drink it from. I was therefore so happy to find this glass mug in Wilko's for just £1.50! A very simple/random buy, but it made me very happy this morning to drink my daily green tea from it!



Another random purchase was a Jelly Bean Air Freshener in Blueberry for my car. It cost only £1.86 from Sainsbury's but my car smells soooooo good!



So it was at this point that we made a trip back to Primark to complete the final stage of the 'Primark sandwich'. During the first trip I'd found a gorgeous navy and white striped maxi skirt which upon locking myself in the changing room, I realised was a size 16 rather than the size 10 promised on the hanger. At the time I thought it was the only one left but when going back in I found the one I had had was in the wrong place and there was a full row of them with plenty of size 10s! IT WAS FATE; I HAD TO HAVE IT! 
So here it is, the gorgeous navy and white maxi skirt, which rather than being in the long flowy style, is an elongated pencil skirt with knee high slits down the side. This skirt cost only £8, is so flattering on and will be perfect for those days when you want to keep cool but not have your legs out. 


Last but not least, I had been searching all day for a cropped summer cardigan for those days when you just need something to cover your shoulders and the tops of your arms for when the typically British weather gets cool or breezy on a summers day. This peach cardi is perfect to slip on on top of dresses or summer tops and is so soft too! For only £6 I might even have to return for another colour! 




So that's everything! To say I only spent £32 in Primark altogether I'd have to conclude it was a pretty excellent day for bargains! And all that for less that the almost identical £35 sandals in Accessorize!

Do you own any of my purchases? What's your favourite high street store this summer?
Would you like to see more posts like this in the future?

2 comments:

  1. Loving that cami, pattern is so pretty!


    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the bits you picked and can't believe what good prices they all were too :) Really love the sandals they're so pretty and look really expensive! I go through phases where I think Primark is brilliant and then I can't find anything in there, I'm due another trip soon ;)
    Love Holly x

    pamperpreenperfect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik