}

Wednesday 9 July 2014

First Impressions: L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner

The L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner has been much written about over the last couple of months and so after reading both the hype and disappointment people were experiencing, I decided purchase the shampoo and conditioner to make my my up for myself.



I have long hair, which whether I blowdry or airdry, is naturally very straight and flat. I've tried many volumising products in the past to try and give my hair thickness and bounce and although my current routine is working (post on this coming soon), I couldn't resist trying out L'Oreal's new offering.

Unlike normal volumising products, L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology products claim to thicken individual strands of hair, which in turn creates volume and thickens the hair wash after wash. L'Oreal write that this is all possible through a revolution in haircare with the creation of filloxane, which is 'a patented ingredient proven to penetrate the fibre and expand hair from within.'

So does it actually work? After the first wash using the shampoo and conditioner, my hair feels slightly thicker and definitely looks more voluminous. Another bonus is both the shampoo and conditioner smell really nice and after the first wash have left my hair feeling smooth and soft.

On the whole, nothing drastic as of yet but after the first wash things are looking promising!  A criticism I've read is that after multiple washes the products can leave your hair feeling pretty dry and looking dull, whether or not this will happen with me I don't know, but a full review will be posted after I've used this product for a good few washes and I'll let you know what I think!

Have you used any of the L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology products? What did you think?

The L'Oreal Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner are currently half price at £2 each for 400ml sized bottles in Sainsburys.


1 comment:

  1. I use both the shampoo, conditioner and the hair mask since I have extremely thin hair. I've been using these products for around half a year now and my hair has never been as thick, bouncy and shiny! I love these products however once you've been using them for a while you begin to miss the effect it's having on your hair, it probably still works just as much as it did in the beginning just we can't see it.

    Alisha Xx || www.thealishadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik