}

Sunday 13 July 2014

June Favourites!

So although a little late, I've finally got round to sharing with you my favourite products of June!
First up is a particular scent I've been loving and using in a variety of different ways. That is the Body Shop's Japanese Cherry Blossom products in the Body Butter, Eau de Toilette and Body Mist. I've had these stashed in my wardrobe for quite a while but had completely forgotten about them until I was clearing my room out the other day! White Musk aside, Japanese Cherry Blossom is definitely my favourite scent from the Body Shop and I've been loving using all products at once as I feel they just smell really summery and light - especially when the British summertime isn't quite living up to the definition of summer so I can get that summertime feeling whilst staying inside the house too! Saying that, today is a good day and I'm writing this post on my iPad in the warm sunshine in my garden! Fingers crossed the sun is here to stay for a while!
Next up is my favourite moisturisers of the month. My favourite facial moisturiser is the Neutrogena Visably Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser and for my body Clinique Turnaround Body Smoothing Cream. You may have seen in one of my previous posts that i suffer from keratosis pilaris, or tiny pimples, mainly on the backs of my arms but also around my jawline and slightly onto my face. I've found that although they haven't completely cleared the condition up, they have both helped massively to clear up the redness and lessen the amount of tiny pimples on my arms and face. Even if you don't suffer from keratosis pilaris, I would still hugely recommend both the two products. Both leave your skin so soft and super hydrated! 
I have one standout make up product this month and that is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive. After wanting one for ages, I've FINALLY got round to purchasing a Revlon balm. The matte balm I picked up is so pigmented and is really opaque after just one coat. I love the colour Elusive for both day and night time wear, it's a noticeable pink colour which isn't too bright or in your face and I'd say would be suited to many skin tones! 
A more random product I was loving last month is the Colgate Max White One Optic toothpaste. I'm always looking for ways to brighten my teeth and decided to give this a try when I found it for half price in Tescos last month. Although whitening toothpastes are not miracle workers and there is only so much whitening they can do, I've definitely noticed a difference. This Optic version promised to give a brighter smile after just one use and it certainly does, leaving teeth super shiny and clean for the day after brushing! 
The final thing I've been loving in June is a TV programme. Something I've been absolutely consumed by this month is Orange is the New Black. I've heard so much about this programme over the last year or so but never really knew too much about its premise and never had the time to watch it when I was still studying at uni. Once I broke up for summer I decided to get my monies worth out of Netflix and give it a watch... I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. From the very first episode I've been hooked, it's like nothing else on tv at the moment and I cannot recommend it enough. I've just watched the last episode this weekend and I really don't know what I'm going to do with my life now that I have to wait until next year for the next season. I could go on all day about this AMAZING show but I'll just say that I recommend it to you so so much if you haven't already watched it!
So that's it, my first ever favourite's post for the month of June!
What were your June favourites?

4 comments:

  1. Orange is the New Black is SO GOOD! Also, that Revlon matte balm is beautiful, mine is very heavily used haha

    www.beccabutton.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Elusive aswel, the colour is absolutely beautiful and it lasts for ages on the lips xx

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really need to watch OITNB heard so many good things about it & having worked in a prison in the past I'd love to see how they portray prison life :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik