}

Friday 4 July 2014

Patterned Polish of the Week! | #1

Taking inspiration from my blog's name, 'Patterned Polish of the Week' is my new weekly segment which showcases my love of nail stamping and each week's chosen design! I got into nail stamping around a year ago and surprised at how easy it was, and how good nail art created with stamping looked, I quickly became addicted.

So for this week, and the very first 'Patterned Polish of the Week', which nail stamping design from Konad M63 did I choose...??



It's the Dogtooth pattern!

At first I considered stamping a traditional black and white but as I wanted to keep my nails pretty summery, I decided to go for something for a little different!

So here's what I came up with!



Classic dogtooth nails with a summery twist!

The base was created using Barry M Nail Paint in Turquoise. I had a tidy/clear out of my ever expanding nail polish collection yesterday and came across this polish which I haven't used in so long and had pretty much forgotten about! It's such a lovely colour for summer!


For the stamped dogtooth designed, I used both the Konad M63 Stamping Plate and Konad Special Stamping Polish in White. 




I think the colours really complement each other and give a perfect twist on classic dogtooth print!


As you can see from the close up of this design, the stamp didn't transfer perfectly in some places but overall I'm really pleased with the results!

Do you like the idea of me posting a weekly 'Patterned Polish of the Week'? Have you ever tried nail stamping? What do you think of the twist on the classic black and white dogtooth print?

13 comments:

  1. Really like this look. Hope you don't mind me asking but are these your real nails? If not what brand are they and how long do they stay on? (Sorry if they are your real nails - hope you take it as a compliment as they are lovely). Also do you have to use the special polish for the stamping or could you have used a normal polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they are my real nails :) and I would say for black and white stamping I always use the special polishes, but for anything else, as long as they are pretty thick, they should work fine :) x

      Delete
  2. Love this pattern. Do you have a tutorial of how to do this? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And the closest thing I have to a tutorial is my Mermaid Nails post here http://patternedandpolished.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/mermaid-nails-tutorial.html in which I talk through how nail stamping works :)

      Delete
  3. I love these! The designs look so cool and different and I really love the colour.

    Alisha || www.thealishadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and would definitely love to see more :) Your nails look so beautiful I would have thought they were nail wraps they look so good! I love the colours you chose :)
    Love Holly x

    pamperpreenperfect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! There'll be another nail post coming on Friday! :) x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for presenting something that is best, and this gives an idea for all of us a lesson that we always learn from someone even if that person is not known to us, and success always for you who have inspired us all!

    Minyak Ikan
    obat asam lambung
    obat kanker usus
    obat kanker payudara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for presenting something that is best, and this gives an idea for all of us a lesson that we always learn from someone even if that person is not known to us, and success always for you who have inspired us all!

    obat kanker kelenjar getah bening
    obat ginjal bocor
    obat asam lambung
    obat paru paru basah
    obat herbal bronkitis
    obat nyeri urat

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik